- what personal data is collected from the website.
- how personal data is collected, used, shared, stored, and otherwise processed.
- the security procedures implemented to protect your data.
- your choices and rights regarding the use of your data.
- how you can contact us for issues such as to correct inaccuracies of your data or to request the removal of your personal data.
Please read the following privacy notice to understand the processing, collection, sharing, protection, and your rights associated with your personal data.
What We Collect, How and Why
Morehouse College tracks users’ web browsing patterns to inform our understanding of how our sites are being used, using Google Analytics.
- your IP address
- the domain name from which you visit our site
- user-specific information on which pages are visited
- aggregate information on pages visited
- the referring website
- the date and time of visit
- the duration of visit
- your browser type
- your screen resolution
- your interactions with the web page
- aggregate information collected by Google Analytics
We manually collect information you provide us through the completion of forms such as admission or employment application or any other online form that the College may collect personal information that you provide, including but not limited to:
- residential or mailing address
- email address
- phone number
- Social Security Number, passport number, or driver’s license number
- credit or debit card Information
Where permitted by federal or state law, Morehouse College may use this information to respond to your requests for information, process applications for admission or employment, process goods or services, notify you of events or services, improve communications, etc.
Sharing Information with Third Parties
We will not share your information with third parties unless permitted by applicable law except:
- as necessary to protect institute interests
- as necessary to further institute research efforts pursuant to approvals from appropriate data stewards and the IRB
- with service providers acting on our behalf who have agreed to protect the confidentiality of the data and use personal information for the purpose of the agreement with the College
The College does not sell, rent, give away, or loan any personally identifiable information collected to any third party for commercial purposes.
Links to Other Websites
On our website, you may encounter links to other websites. Be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of these other sites. We encourage all users to read the privacy notices of any other sites that collect your personal data.
Protecting Your Information
No method of transmitting over the internet or storing electronic data is 100% secure. We continue to put measures and policies in place to help protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of the information that is under our control. However, the College does not insure or warrant the security of information you transmit, information you transmit through our website at your own risk.
Notwithstanding any language to the contrary, nothing contained herein constitutes nor is intended to constitute an offer, inducement, promise, or contract of any kind. The data contained herein is for informational purposes only and is not represented to be error-free. Any links to non-Morehouse College information are provided as a courtesy. They are not intended to nor do they constitute an endorsement by Morehouse College of the linked materials.
EUROPEAN UNION GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (EU GDPR) PRIVACY NOTICE
Who We Are
For the purposes of this notice, we act as the “data controller” We take on this role as we determine how your personal data is used and processed.
Morehouse College is a higher education institute that collects, process, use and maintain data of its students, employees, applicants, research subjects, and others involved in its educational, research and community programs under lawful bases. The lawful bases include but are not limited to, admission, registration, classroom delivery, online, study abroad, communications, research, employment, and record retention. The information that is collected includes: name, email address, IP address, physical address or other location identifier, photos, as well as some sensitive personal data obtained with prior consent.
Legal Basis of Processing
To fully access the website, you, as a user, can voluntarily register for services or information through completion of a form. Certain data is collected during this process, including your name and email address. This data is used to contact you, suggest appropriate information and services, and improve your user experience.
Certain services may require you to register as a user or guess. You must provide contact information (such as name and shipping address) and financial information (such as credit card number and expiration date). This data is used for billing and to fulfill services. If there are issues, we may use this information to contact you.
Personal data may be used without knowledge or consent in situations when legally required or permitted, or when personal data has been anonymized or pseudonymized, so it is no longer associated with the user. This means we have removed personally identifying information so the data we are left with cannot be tied back to you as an individual.
How We Share Your Data
Personal data may be shared with regulators in compliance with legal regulations.
Personal data may also be shared with third parties when it is necessary to provide services to users, and/or for other legitimate interests. Third parties include service providers, professional advisors, and other members of Morehouse College’s network.
Third parties that may access personal data are fulfilling the following services: [web hosting, order/purchase fulfillment, IT and cloud services, advisory services, and other services. These parties do not retain, share, or use personal data beyond the defined purpose of fulfilling the service.
YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We aim to maintain data that is accurate and up-to-date. Under the circumstance that your personal data changes (e.g. moving addresses), please notify us of any changes.
In certain instances, you have the legal right to the following:
- request all data we have collected about you, if any
- request correction to the personal data we have collected about you
- request we delete or remove personal data when there is no legitimate need for us to continue processing it
- object to the processing of personal data
- request transfer of your personal data
- opt out of contact with us at any time
- express any concern about any data we have collected about you.
To exercise rights regarding your personal data or for more information regarding EU GDPR, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
GOVERNING LAWS, REGULATIONS, AND STANDARDS
|Data Protection Act 1998||United Kingdom data protection regulation|
General Data Protection Regulation
|European Union (EU) data protection regulation|