Verizon Innovative Learning – STEM Achievers (Boys and Girls)
hands-on mentorship, technology, and training
Discover new problem-solving skills and learn about career opportunities in technology fields.
- Verizon Innovative Learning STEM Achievers
June 12 – June 30, 2023
Technology: “Go Where No One Has Gone Before.”, we will introduce STEM Achievers to a myriad of tools used in technology research, industry, and innovation. Among these will be block coding, augmented reality/virtual reality (AR/VR), 3-D modeling, rendering, and printing, first person view technology employed by unmanned ground and aerial vehicles, and the Metaverse.
Middle school young women and men from Atlanta metropolitan area middle schools with an average of over 70 percent free and reduced lunch program:
- Open to All Atlanta metropolitan area middle schools
- Verizon Program partnership Clayton County Public Schools (CCPS)
- CCPS will provide transportation for select students
- KIPP Strive and KIPP Ways Academy Scholars
- This program is not open to students outside the Atlanta Metropolitan Area school districts including outside
the State of Georgia.
Students must have attended middle school in the Atlanta Metropolitan Area school districts during the 2022 -2023 academic school year.
This is a day camp. No housing is available.
May 26, 2023
All accepted students MUST present proof of vaccination. The College will not accept exemptions or waivers.