Morehouse Accelerated Academic Program
GET AN EARLY START ON YOUR FIRST YEAR
Strengthen your core learning skills and succeed in your first courses.
June 7 to July 15, 2022
The Morehouse Accelerated Academic Program is a dynamic six-week academic enhancement and college readiness program that offers incoming freshmen a challenging and rewarding academic experience. The program is primarily designed to strengthen the participants’ writing proficiency, study habits, critical thinking, and time management capabilities. Students begin their educational experience at Morehouse College by accruing numeric college credit hours (e.g., 6-10 hours) and GPA credit value.
Students must be an admitted incoming freshman who paid the $588 acceptance fee. The link to pay this fee is on the application status portal.
This summer’s program is virtual.
The ALEKS mathematics placement examination determines whether students take College Algebra I, College Algebra II, Trigonometry, or Calculus. Participants take at least two additional courses, e.g., English Composition, Introduction to Philosophy, Introduction to Sociology, and The Analysis of Ideas and Concepts. The student may earn Morehouse College academic credit in the respective courses provided he passes the course.
Participants may earn a minimum of six credit hours and a maximum of 10 credit hours. Our evaluation and assessment of his previous academic record and performance determines his maximum course load. We will include the evaluation of earned dual enrollment courses previously taken, and we will consider approved results of AP examinations. All associated materials should be submitted as early as possible to allow for the most accurate course placements.
- $3,500 for 6-10 credit hours (Students are offered the minimum and maximum load based on an assessment of their academic need.)
- Full payment due by June 1, 2022
- Morehouse does not offer any scholarship for summer program enrollment. However, any student who completes the 2021-22 and the 2022-23 FAFSAs may receive Pell Grant support and may be eligible for Federal Student Loan support (Subsidized and Unsubsidized). The purpose for submitting the 2021-22 FAFSA is to receive summer financial assistance. Completing the 2022-23 FAFSA is needed for the 2022-23 school term. For more information, contact Financial Aid.
- Morehouse admission and payment of acceptance fee
- Completed application by May 16
- Meet all financial obligations by June 1
- Submit all dual enrollment transcripts and AP examinations’ results to the registrar’s office, email@example.com.
Application due date
May 16, 2022
Illya Davis, Director
Maisha Gunter, Administrative Assistant