Morehouse Accelerated Academic Program
GET AN EARLY START ON YOUR FIRST YEAR
Strengthen your core learning skills and succeed in your first courses.
June 6 – July 14, 2023
The Morehouse Accelerated Academic Program (MAAP) is a dynamic six-week academic enhancement and college readiness program that offers incoming freshmen a challenging and rewarding academic experience. The MAAP is primarily designed to strengthen the participants’ quantitative analysis, writing proficiency, study habits, critical thinking and time management capabilities. The students will gain a head start at the College by accruing numeric college credit hours (e.g., 6-10 hours), GPA credit value, as well as establish a firm acclimation and grounding for initiating their educational experience here at Morehouse College. Please take a moment to complete the program application.
One must be an admitted incoming freshman and has paid $588.00 acceptance fee. The link to pay this fee is attached to the student’s Morehouse College Application status portal
This summer’s program is virtual.
Each student will be directed to the appropriate website wherein they will be given access to take the ALEKS mathematics placement examination and the corresponding result will determine which mathematics course he will take in the program: College Algebra I, College Algebra II, Trigonometry or Calculus. Participants will take at least two additional courses, e.g., English Composition, Introduction to Philosophy, Introduction to Sociology, and The Analysis of Ideas and Concepts. The student may earn Morehouse College academic credit in the respective courses provided he passes the course.
Participants may earn a minimum of 6 credit hours and a maximum of 10 credit hours. The determination of his maximum course load will be based on the College’s evaluation and assessment of his previous academic record and performance. We will include the evaluation of earned dual enrollment courses previously taken, and we will consider approved results of AP examinations. All associated materials should be submitted as early as possible in order to allow for the most accurate course placements.
The Cost of Matriculation
- $3,500 for 6-10 credit hours taken. Students will be offered the minimum and maximum load based upon an assessment of their academic needs.
**The Application opens Friday, March 10th. Students will receive the link for the application and the attendant payment link by email. Full Payment is due by June 1, 2023**
Morehouse College does not offer any scholarships for summer program enrollment. However, any student who completes the 2022-23 and the 2023-24 FAFSAs and is eligible, may receive Pell Grant support and may be eligible for Federal Student Loan support (Subsidized and Unsubsidized). The purpose for submitting the 2022-23 FAFSA is to receive summer financial assistance. Completing the 2023-24 FAFSA is needed for the 2023-24 school term. For more information about Financial Aid, please go to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
Student’s requirements’ checklist for MAAP
– Admission to the College and the payment of the $588.00 acceptance fee
– A Completed Student Information form by May 26, 2023
– Meet All financial obligations by June 1, 2023
– Submit all dual enrollment transcripts and AP examinations’ results to the registrar’s office, firstname.lastname@example.org
– Complete the mandatory ALEKS mathematics placement examination.
Application due date
May 26, 2023
Student Login Steps for Payment
- Login to MyPortal at myportal.morehouse.edu
- Select the BannerWeb icon.
- Select the Student Services & Financial Aid link
- Select the Student Account link
- Select the View/Pay Student Account link
- TigerPay will open in a new browser window.
- Scroll to the Available Items sections
- Click Academic Accel Program to make your payment
If you have any questions, please contact the following via email
Director: Prof. Illya Davis
Program Coordinator: Maisha Gunter