Records and Registration

Transfer Credit

The College will consider transfer credit for work earned at accredited institutions of higher education provided a grade of C or better has been earned. Credit for work earned at other schools will be determined by the Registrar or the Director of Admissions when that work is intended to substitute for courses in the core curriculum. In most instances, the department chair must be consulted prior to awarding substitution credit. Students should be prepared to provide course syllabi when requested to facilitate this substitution process. Credit for work in a major area of concentration will be determined by the department chair. In either case, only the credit hours are considered and not the quality points. Except when otherwise noted, credit hours transfer but not grade points.

Exceptions: Students enrolled in off-campus programs sanctioned by Morehouse may receive full academic credit for courses taken, including grade points. In addition, students enrolling in courses through a Morehouse-sanctioned cross-registration program may receive full academic credit.

New students who transfer from another four-year institution or junior college must submit in advance for admission transcripts of all previous work done on the college level. Such transcripts must be sent directly from the institution at which the work was completed. Academic work completed at other schools that is not listed on the admission application will not be accepted for transfer purposes.

Enrolled Morehouse students planning to take courses away from Morehouse must complete the proper course approval forms available on the website of the Office of Records and Registration. Courses taken away from the College must be approved BEFORE the student registers.