Kenneth Newby, J.D.
- Senior Assistant Professor, NTT
Kenneth Newby, Esq. is a senior assistant professor in the Communication Studies Department at Morehouse College.
He is also coach of the award-winning Morehouse College Debate Team. Under his leadership, the Debate Team has won consecutive state titles and numerous national and international titles. Newby is a lawyer and currently heads his own firm, Newby Law Group. He earned a Bachelor of Arts from Morehouse College and a juris doctorate from the University of Connecticut School of Law.
- GPB, April 30, 2021: A Reckoning After Morehouse Withdraws From Debate Tournament, Citing ‘Anti-Blackness’
- Andscape, April 28 2021: Morehouse leaves debate tournament following anti-Black mockery
- 11 Alive, April 29, 2021: Morehouse College debate team pulls out of national tournament; organizers promise racial reforms
- The Washington Informer, May 5, 2021: Morehouse Debate Team Withdraws from Annual Tournament, Citing Racism
- Medium, November 20, 2018: The Debate Team
- Richmond Free Press, April 21, 2017: Morehouse Debate Team wins big at North American Championship
- Global Atlanta, April 28, 2015: Emory and Morehouse Debaters Tangle With Climate Change