Career Development and Engagement
Career Services and Development assists students in preparing for their first job or further post-graduate study.
VIRTUAL CAREER CENTER
The new Virtual Career Center for the Office of Career Development and Engagement offers resources and information for current and prospective students, parents, alumni, and employers dedicated to helping navigate the career process, and more.
To assist all students in securing the career position that is most suitable for him, whether this means immediate employment after graduation or further graduate/professional school study. This mission aligns with the Morehouse College mission to develop men with disciplined minds who will lead lives of leadership and service.
The Morehouse College Office of Career Development and Engagement is committed to guiding all students throughout the career development process, exploring career opportunities preparing them for their next dream job. Career Center assist student to find job opportunities they qualify for related to their work experience and complete coursework. An appointment with a career advisor in our career center is a step towards you taking charge of your career success. A career advisor can assist you with the following:
- Résumé Critique
- Career Clinic focusing on interviewing, job-search strategies, networking
- Internship, part-time, full-time employment
- Networking opportunities to meet prospective employers and more
Services we offer:
- Uconnect – our virtual career center provides seamless access to all career-related applications and resources.
- Handshake – is an online recruiting platform for higher education students and alumni to streamline and simplify the recruiting with the employer’s process.
- Appointment Plus – is a booking processing software for easy-to-use appointment scheduling for all career services resources and tools.
- FOCUS2 – career path assessment focusing on students’ personality, interests, skills, attitudes, values, and more can be measured through standardized assessments combined with career counseling.
- Quinncia —is a robust artificial intelligence resume analysis with tailored mock interviews and personalized guidance that embeds career readiness designed to assist students by enhancing their communications skills, transferable skills, and employment opportunities, preparing them for the career of their choice.
Career Counseling Services
We offer a variety of services to assist students in exploring their career interests. Together, we design effective career strategies and identify the resources, people, and organizations that will help us select a major and, ultimately, your transition into a career.
Individual consulting appointments are available to you to discuss career interest, self-assessment resources, job search strategies, interviewing issues, and internship information. Bring your resume and cover letter for critique, and we’ll discuss interviewing issues. This is also a good way to find out about all of the exciting programs, services, and upcoming events available through the Office of Career Development and Engagement.
Job and Internship Search
Job and internship recruitment season begins with Career Week in September. Career Week offers industry panels, mock interviews, resume reviews, and general information. These sessions assist you in preparing for full-time job recruitment and the annual Atlanta University Center Career Fair.
Every year during the third week in September, the Atlanta University Center’s Career Planning and Placement Service sponsor a comprehensive Career Fair for students and recent AUC graduates. More than 200 companies participate in the annual AUC Career Fair. Recruiters are present to network with potential job and internship candidates. If you’re interested in participating in the Full-Time Job and Summer Internship Recruitment Process, you should attend the Career Fair. Immediately following the career fair, employers begin interviewing on campus for full-time jobs and internships.