Procurement and Contracts
It is the mission of the Purchasing Department to procure goods and services for the college community in a competitive environment, at pricing and quality levels that maximize the institution's financial resources and create customer satisfaction, while adhering to College policy, external regulations and sound business practices
Responsibilities of Morehouse College Purchasing Department
- Responsible for the procurement of all equipment, supplies and services required and authorized for use by Morehouse College.
- Supply Morehouse College with the expertise, policies and procedures to ensure goods and services.
- Establish vendors for partnerships with Morehouse College
- Termination of vendors who are infrequently used or are ineffective as it relates to their goods and/or services.
- Responsible for conducting a competitive bidding process as circumstances dictate
- Provide a listing of primary vendors used for ongoing services (i.e. travel, computer purchase, office supplies, etc.).
- Process procurement requests.
- Produce purchase orders.
- Provide training and answer questions regarding the Online Requisitions process.
— INFORMATION —