Transfer Requirements 

Students from accredited colleges may apply for transfer standing if they have completed the equivalent of twenty-six (26) semester hours of college work. We look for transfer students who have demonstrated a desire to want to fully engage the faculty and student body of the College academically and socially. Your essay should stand out and reflect the level of writing that faculty would expect of a first- or second-year college student. The student needs to have two letters of recommendation, one from a faculty member and another from an administrator of the last college attended. Students who have previously applied to, or who have been enrolled at Morehouse, should make that fact known when contacting the Admissions Office. Students must also complete and submit the Dean of Students Certification form for each and every school they have attended regardless of the length of time attended. This form must be sent to the Office of Admissions directly from the institution completing the form. No admissions decision will be made without the submission of the Dean Certification Form (PDF).

All transfer students must complete a minimum of 60 semester hours at Morehouse. A maximum of 60 semester hours (or the equivalent) is ordinarily transferable to Morehouse course credit if: (1) the prior college is accredited, (2) a grade "C" or better is earned in the course, and (3) the course is comparable to a course offered at Morehouse. Morehouse faculty members may be consulted on the question of course comparability and the candidate may be asked to submit course descriptions, syllabi and reading lists in addition to complete official transcripts. Transfer students should submit all transcripts and bring appropriate college catalogs from all other colleges previously attended. The College reserves the right to determine what credits, if any, may be transferred. 

Exchange and Transient Students

Students at other colleges who wish to attend Morehouse College for one or two semesters can apply as Exchange or Transient students. Unless a formal exchange for the home institution exists with Morehouse, this privilege is usually reserved for summer sessions and special exchange opportunities.  A letter of good standing and eligibility to return to the student’s home institution is required. This letter, from the Academic Dean or Registrar of the home school, should also indicate approval for the student to take courses at Morehouse.  Exchange students spend one semester at Morehouse, while Transient students are admitted for a maximum of two semesters. 

Transient and Exchange students are not eligible for Morehouse financial aid funds.  Students are responsible for making arrangements with the home institution’s financial aid office once accepted to the College.