Morehouse Students’ Financial Aid Rights and Responsibilities
Student FINANCIAL AID Rights
All students at Morehouse College have the right to:
- Know the type of financial assistance available, including information on all Federal, State, and University financial aid programs.
- Know the procedures and deadlines for submitting applications for Federal, State, and University aid programs.
- Know how your financial need was determined, the resources considered in its calculation, and how much is met by Morehouse.
- Request a review of your financial aid package if there are changes in your family’s ability to meet the cost of attendance.
- Know how Morehouse determines whether you are making Satisfactory Academic Progress and what happens if you fail to meet the requirement.
- Know the impact on your financial aid if you withdraw from Morehouse or drop a course.
- Know the terms and provisions of loan payments, including amount and repayment schedules.
- Know how Morehouse disburses awarded financial aid.
- Know Morehouse’s estimated cost of attendance and included items.
- Know Morehouse’s refund and repayment policy.
Student FINANCIAL AID RESPONSIBILITIES
All students at Morehouse College are responsible for:
- Acknowledging and meeting all deadlines for applying or reapplying for Financial Aid.
- Providing complete and accurate information on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and financial aid forms. Misreporting of information for federal aid is a violation of the law and is considered a criminal offense.
- Responding to all requests for additional documentation in a timely manner.
- Reading, understanding, and accepting responsibility for all documents and forms that must be signed and keeping copies of them.
- Providing updated information when changes occur, such as a withdrawal from school, a change in name, marital status, housing, or expected date of graduation.
- Reading, understanding, and complying with all published financial aid policies.
- Informing the Financial Aid Office of all outside scholarships or resources available to assist you in attending Morehouse College.
- Being in good academic standing with the university as well as maintaining Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- Notifying Morehouse of any changes in address.
- Performing satisfactorily within all federal work-study positions.