Frequently Asked Questions
Arranged by topic area, the following is a list of questions frequently asked of advisors and faculty. Click the topic headline to see answers to the questions below.
Can't find answers on our website and don't see your question here?
Contact Student Success at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Who determines who my advisor is?
- How do I find out who my advisor is?
- When should I meet with my advisor to get guidance on courses for the next semester?
- Does my advisor expect me to meet at times other than Advising Week?
- What is an “advising hold”?
- How do I make an advising appointment?
- What if my advisor is unavailable?
- What should I bring to my advising appointment?
- How many credits can I take each semester?
- How many credit hours do I need to be classified as a sophomore, junior or senior?
- Can I get credit for my internship, education abroad experiences, service learning?
- Who approves courses that I want to take at another institution?
- What additional advising requrements exist for student-athletes?
- What tutoring services are available at Morehouse?
- What assistance is available if I am having difficulty in a class?
- How can I learn about different resources at Morehouse?
- How can I register for workshops on line?
- What additional support exists for student-athletes?
- What is the Talent Assessment and Development Academy and how can I get involved?
- What is the General Education Experience?
- What are the learning outcomes of the General Education Experience?
- Can I substitute another class to count towards the General Education curriculum?
- How can I recommend a course for the General Education curriculum?
- What is the Black Life History and Culture requirement?
- When will General Education courses be tracked to ensure I am on the right track?
Major and Career Aspirations
- How do I choose a major?
- What is the difference between undecided and undeclared?
- Is the major I selected when I enrolled at Morehouse binding?
- When should I declare a major if I chose not to declare upon enrollment?
- How do I change my major?
- When can I change my major?
- How do I add a second major or degree?
- What is a double major?
- What is a double degree?
- What is a minor?
- How do I add a minor?
- What is the affirmation ceremony?
- When do I register?
- How do I register?
- What is the deadline for adding or dropping a class?
- How do I withdraw from a class?
- How do I withdraw from Morehouse College?
- Will dropping a course affect my financial aid?
- How do I find out what classes are being offered next semester?
- How do I request an override into a class?
- How do I register for a class at Spelman or Clark Atlanta University?
- Who removes the advising hold after I have been advised?
- What happens to my courses if I do not pay fees as required?
Academic Achievement Management (contact email@example.com)
- Where do I go if I have a dispute with an instructor that cannot be resolved at the Department level?
- Where do I go if I have a dispute concerning my Crown Forum credits? (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- What is the readmit procedure after being separated from the College due to academic propation?
- How and when do I apply for graduation?
- Do I need to apply/sign up for Commencement/Graduation Ceremony?
- When is Commencement/Graduation Ceremony?
- Will I need a cap and gown?
- What color tassel do I need?
- How do I know if I am graduating with honors?
- When and how will I receive my diploma?
- How can I make a donation to Morehouse College as a member of the graduating class?
Declaration of Major 2016
Student 4 Year Planning
Advisement for Registration for Classes
General course registration advisement form (paper form)
Continuing Students (Email advising)
Registration for Workshops
Work4Success Skillshop Registration (Open to AUC students enrolled in at least one course at Morehouse)
Morehouse College Prospective Tutors Interest Form
Student Athlete Support
Pre-Summer Enrichment Program Support