CODEHOUSE SCHOLARS INITIATIVE
MENTORSHIP FOR the TECH INDUSTRY
Receive funds and training to jumpstart your career.
NOTE: Updates for the 2023 program are coming soon!
The CodeHouse Scholars Initiative (CHSI) will mentor, prepare and invest in Black, Latinx and Native American students, in their first year of college, for a career in the tech industry. As a scholar you will be able to receive:
- Up to $20,000 academic scholarships for a tech-related degree
- Collegiate mentorship from participating HBCUs and industry mentorship from companies like PayPal and Microsoft
- 4-week paid summer bridge program to build your technical and leadership skills
- Enrolled and matriculating high school senior scheduled to graduate in the spring of 2021
- Be enrolled for the first time at one of the three (3) participating HBCUs: Clark Atlanta University, Morehouse College, or Spelman College
- Have demonstrated financial and unmet financial need as measured by the student’s college or university
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.2 on an unweighted 4.0 scale or equivalent
- Show evidence of readiness for and commitment to pursue a major in a tech-related field, including computer science/engineering, information sciences, engineering (industrial, mechanical, or electrical), mathematics, human-computer interaction, graphic or UX/UI design
- Show evidence of academic ambition, leadership, service, and interest in the technology field
- Identify as Black/African American, Latinx, or Native American
Scholar Expectations (including, but not limited to the following):
- Commit to participate in the 4 week Summer Bridge program at Morehouse College in Atlanta, GA (July 6 – July 29, 2022)
- Must be able to participate in all program-related activities
- Must work collaboratively with their assigned mentors (industry and collegiate)
- Remain in good academic standing
- Do not incur any disciplinary infractions on academic record
- Students selected to participate in the program must provide supporting documentation requested during the financial need verification process
Apply to be a CodeHouse Scholar Today!
Application Deadline is April 8, 2022 11:59PM PST