Graduation and Degree Requirements
Morehouse College offers an education that combines academic rigor with relevant, experiential learning experiences in a dynamic learning community that reflects the energy, spirit, and premise of our mission
Students are required to complete all requirements for graduation in order to earn the Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science degree. These include all credit-bearing and non-credit bearing requirements, including, but not limited to Crown Forum, mandatory exit exams, seminars, and proficiency examinations or evaluations.
A student must satisfy the following requirements to earn a bachelor's degree from Morehouse:
- File a timely application for graduation (satisfying the dates specified by the registrar).
- Successfully complete a minimum of 120 semester hours of non-repeat courses (exclusive of courses numbered below 100).
- Complete the College’s core curriculum. The core curriculum consists of 53-59 semester hours of required coursework in the humanities, mathematics, natural sciences and social sciences
- Complete an approved major concentration sequence.
- Present a cumulative GPA of 2.00 or higher.
- Complete at least two years of coursework (a minimum of 60 semester hours) in residence at the College.
- Be in good standing at the College. The student cannot be on suspension or probation for any disciplinary or honor code violations to be considered.
- Fulfill all financial obligations to the College.