Emma and Joe Adams Scholarship Program
The Emma and Joe Adams Scholars Program is committed to shaping the standard-bearers of exemplary community service in under-served communities.
In 1994, Emma and Joe Adams decided to create a legacy that would address the needs of under-served communities. Their search for an educational institution to assist them in realizing their dream led them to Morehouse where they formed a scholarship program through their initial donation of $100,000.
The Emma and Joe Adams Scholarship Program supports up to 28 students who serve 200 hours annually to lend academic and moral support to youth in community outreach activities. Applicants should know that Adams Scholars are steadfast in their commitment to serving as advocates for children and as leaders in the social change and community movement in underserved communities.
- Passion for improving the quality of life in under-served communities
- Demonstrate a financial need
- Maintain a 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Earn 15 credit hours each semester
- 200 service hours each academic year
- Attend All-Scholars, leadership development, and program-specific meetings
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of the MLK Day of Service and It’s On the ‘HOUSE events
Application Process Timeline
|April 1||12 a.m. EDT||Application available online|
|April 30||9 a.m. EDT||Deadline to submit an application online|
|May 7||11:59 p.m. EDT||Scholarship offers sent via email|
|May 15||9 a.m. EDT||Deadline for applicants to submit scholarship offer decision|
This is a four-year scholarship that requires a recommitment to the program every year after successful completion of the program requirements.