Division/Department: Campus Security
Responsible for providing appropriate non-emergency and non-enforcement assistance to police officers in protecting and securing Morehouse College's property and its students, staff, faculty, and visitors.
Polygraph, drug screening, physical examination, and criminal background checks are part of the hiring process.
- Patrol campus on foot or in non-patrol vehicles to observe and report any criminal activity
- Provide basic line security functions, including physical interior and exterior building security checks, record observations, and report discrepancies
- Provide lockdowns and openings to preserve the security of buildings
- Respond to and complete detailed and accurate non-emergency incident reports.
- Provide perimeter control by monitoring access of pedestrians and vehicles
- Provide security for campus special events, social and sports events
- Any other duties as prescribed by the chief of police, deputy chief, or immediate supervisor
- Non-exempt with forty-hour week shift work.
- Must be able to have flexibility in work schedule.
- Physical ability to stand and walk over a prolonged period
- Positions in this class typically require frequent standing, walking, sitting, grasping, lifting and carrying, bending, crouching, kneeling, reaching, use of foot controls, driving, talking, hearing, and seeing
- Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- Medical examination required upon offer of employment
- High school education or equivalent
- Minimum experience of three years in security police work
- Minimum of 21 years old and possess a valid drivers license
- Special Skills Required
- Previous experience in the security field and strong work ethics
- Good oral and written communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with the diverse campus community
- IT Literate and basic proficiency in operation of standard office equipment
- Medical/Dental and Vision Coverage with RX discounts
- Various Retirement Subscription Plans
- Flexible Spending
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Paid Sick, Vacation, Holiday and other leave benefits
- Tuition Benefits
- Various job-related training seminars
- Various Pre-tax and other Discount Benefits
- Fitness Center
- Competitive with that of other Colleges