Faculty Communications Coordinator
About the Position
The College is launching an effort to showcase the talents, great work, and thought leadership of our 200 full-time faculty on its soon-to-be launched site at Morehouse.edu. To support that effort, we have created three positions to serve as Communications Manager to partner with leaders in Academic Affairs and within the Faculty to garner and curate content that helps drives reputational objectives for Morehouse. This role is one-part project manager and one-part content marketing manager.
The Faculty Communications manager will ultimately report to the Senior Director of Content Strategy within the OSMCA.
This is a unique opportunity for a highly motivated content marketing/communications manager to help build something new and innovative within the Morehouse content marketing strategy. This position will also include general content marketing tasks over time.
What You'll Bring
- 3-4 years of content marketing or related communications experience that includes creating and building content and campaigns across web and other digital channels
- Strong web writing and editing skills coupled with the ability to work within a CMS and other related channels
- A solid understanding of SEO, web marketing, social media marketing, content creation, web/layout design skills
- A track record of managing multiple projects, making smart and fast decisions, partnering cross-functionally, delighting customers and driving dramatic growth through successful content marketing strategies and execution in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work in a matrixed environment across different departments
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Mid-junior level
- Higher education