Assistant Professor in Data Science/Analytics (Tenure Track)
Division/Department: Academic Affairs, Division of Experiential Learning and Interdisciplinary Studies
Open Date: Feb. 10, 2021
The Division of Experiential Learning and Interdisciplinary Studies at Morehouse College invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track position in data science/analytics starting in the fall 2021 semester. We are seeking an innovative educator who possesses a strong foundation in both theory and practice. Successful applicants will be able to demonstrate excellence in teaching, mentoring, and curriculum development.
Responsibilities include teaching a wide range of undergraduate courses in data science, mathematics, and analytics. Candidates should hold a doctorate in data science, mathematics, statistics, data analytics, computer science, or related field by the time the position begins. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Located on a beautiful campus in Atlanta’s historic Atlanta University Center, Morehouse is a four-year liberal arts institution for Black males. The mission of Morehouse College is to develop men with disciplined minds who will lead lives of leadership and service. A private historically Black liberal arts college for men, Morehouse realizes this mission by emphasizing the intellectual and character development of its students. In addition, the College assumes special responsibility for teaching the history and culture of Black people.
- Earned doctorate in data science/analytics, computer science, statistics, or mathematics
- Expertise and evidence of successful university-level teaching
- Demonstrated record of community engagement and mentorship
- A strong commitment to interdisciplinary collaboration both inside and outside of the College
- Experience with culturally responsive curriculum and pedagogy
- Superior interpersonal, organizational, and written communication skills
The application deadline is March 31, 2021, but applications will be accepted until the search is closed. Applications must include:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Research statement
- Teaching statement
- Two samples of published papers
- Three professional references
Dr. Kinnis Gosha, chair
Experiential Learning and Interdisciplinary Studies