Before You Arrive at NSO, Handle All of Your Enrollment Business.
Before you arrive, it is extremely important that you have handled your enrollment business. This includes paying your tuition and fees, taking your math and foreign language assessments, received the appropriate vaccinations, uploaded the required health information, and understanding your housing situation. Use the information to make sure that you haven’t missed any steps.
1. Resolve Final Balances
If you’ve paid your deposit, taken your placement exams, and received a housing assignment, you should have received an eBill which helped you understand your tution and fees costs for the fall 2022 semester. You must ensure that your tuition and fees are covered before you can move into a residence house or begin classes. That means that you either used cash, a personal check, or money order to pay your bill online, by phone, or in person, that you have received enough financial aid (loans, scholarships, or grants) to cover your tuition and fees, or some combination of the aforementioned. Alternatively, you may have enrolled in an installment plan, which would allow you to pay your balance through payments spread over the semester. You cannot move into residence houses or begin classes with an outstanding balance.
2. Placement Exams
Morehouse is serious about setting you up for success. By now, you should have taken a math and a foreign language assessment so we can help you select the best courses as you start your collegiate career. All incoming students have to take placement exams. You cannot register for classes without taking the assessments.
3. Submit health forms.
- Download the Pre-Entrance Health Form and provide the requested information, including emergency contacts, medical conditions, immunization dates, wellness activities, and health insurance information. You can also submit a medical insurance waiver if applicable.
- If you will be participating in sports, you’ll also need to download and submit the Pre- Participation Athletic Physical Form.
- Upload your documents through the Medicat app, which can be accessed through your online student portal.
4. Submit a picture for your student identification card.
You’ll be an official Morehouse student this fall, and you’ll need a college ID. Provide a picture now to speed up the delivery of your card and avoid standing in lines.
5. Provide final high school transcripts.
- in dual enrollment, you must also submit your college transcripts to receive credit.
- If you are a transfer student you should submit all their final college transcripts to the college to ensure proper credit evaluation.
- You’ll submt your transcripts through your original applicant portal. Though you have already been admitted, this officially completes your application.
- If you are receiving emails from Morehouse at your high school email address, don’t forget to change it to a personal email address to ensure that you are receiving official correspondence from Morehouse.
6. Understand your campus housing.
Hopefully you applied for on-campus housing by the priority deadline and have received an assignment. If you didn’t appy on time, there is a high likelihood that housing will not be available. Make sure you understand your housing arrangements before you arrive for NSO.
7. Make sure that you know your M number.
You’ve already been assigned unique credentials which you can use to engage with the College and keep track of the information you have submitted and the steps you still need to take.
Locate an email from the admissions office which contains your Morehouse credentials, which includes a Morehouse identification number resembling the following: #M00000000.
8. Know how to use your student portal (Okta).
You can use your Morehouse credentials to access the Morehouse student online portal (which is different from your applicant portal) called Okta, a very important tool in handling your Morehouse business. Inside your portal, you’ll find a variety of helpful apps.
- Access the portal through myportal.morehouse.edu.
- Login with your unique credentials.
- Your user name is your first name, followed by a period, followed by your last name (firstname.lastname)
- Your password is your Morehouse ID number (ex: #M00000000).
- Select Next. You may be asked to create new credentials and to set up Okta Multifactor Authentication for security purposes.
- The Morehouse Portal Dashboard will open.
9. Understand Banner Web.
- Access your online portal
- Select the Banner Web icon
- Once you are connected to Banner Web, click on the Student Services and Financial Aid link.