Office of Research and Sponsored Programs
The Morehouse College Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (ORSP) administers awards for sponsored research, programs, and projects. As a service organization, the ORSP mission is to support the Morehouse faculty and the administrative departments that sponsor Morehouse College programs. The overall goal of the office is to develop and maintain the infrastructure needed to support the research and training activities of the College. This includes developing the institutional capabilities for research and public service, identifying sources of support for sponsored projects, developing and implementing training programs for proposal writing, developing institutional policies that relate to sponsored activities and to assist with the proposal development.
ORSP is located in Wheeler Hall, Rooms 117-121 and is open during normal college business hours. OSP operates under the auspices of the Office of Academic Affairs provides assistance to the Morehouse community, which includes both pre- and post-award administration as outlined below:
Pre Award Administration
- Describe the underlying legal framework surrounding sponsored projects;
- Distinguish between allowable and unallowable costs and between direct and F&A costs;
- Describe the various components of a proposal budget and how to apply the institution's F&A cost rate;
- Explain the process through which a proposal travels from the time it begins as an idea with the faculty member to the point of award;
- Describe the importance of proper closeout of a sponsored project and the steps necessary to prepare for an audit;
- Discuss the importance of the primary compliance issues facing institutions today, including protection of human and animal research subjects, research misconduct, sub-recipient monitoring, effort reporting, and export control.
Post Award Administration
- Performance Reports
- Closeout, Suspension and Termination