Partnership Responsiveness Integrity Diverse Perspectives Excellence
The Morehouse College Parents Council (MCPC) was established in 2010 to foster a partnership between the College and parents in order to enhance the undergraduate experience for Morehouse College students and their parents. All Morehouse parents are automatically a member of MCPC. The members of the Parents Council will also assist in furthering the goals of the College and its students through college development and fundraising efforts.
MCPC is led by an Executive Council that is made up of parent volunteers that serve two-year terms on an Executive Board consisting of 4 Officers and 9 Regional Representatives covering all states in the United States, the Caribbean, and Abroad. The Executive Council works with the college administration throughout the year to advocate for the students, to plan quality programs for the parents and to participate in the growth and development of the college.
Currently MCPC plays an active role in several Morehouse programs:
- Admissions & Recruitment - Support College Admissions during Open Houses and Admitted Student Days
- New Student Orientation (NSO) - Support incoming parents and students as they transition into college
- Homecoming - Hosts activities that allow parents to share in the experience of Homecoming
- Parents Weekend - Support the college and parents activities. Annual MCPC meeting
- Regional Activities - Work in conjunction with Morehouse Alumni Chapters, local Morehouse Parent Associations, and the Morehouse Admissions Team
- Fundraising - Raise funds to provide scholarships and emergency funds to current students
MCPC is looking for parents to serve as volunteers on MCPC committees and at Regional events. Duties include working with the elected Regional Representative to bring together Morehouse parents in your area as well as help host the Admissions Counselors and speak to potential parents about Morehouse College.
If you’d like to get involved, please send an email to email@example.com.