As the exhilaration of Commencement with the graduates of the Class of 2018 faintly sizzles in the air behind us, we are excitingly preparing to welcome the Class of 2022 to campus in August.
The Parent & Family Programs Office, in collaboration with offices across the college campus, serves as a primary liason and advocate resource and supports the services, programs, and opportunities that further a student's academic success. These, along with yearly publications and events, strive to make parents and families a part of our college community.
Throughout the years, we have learned that informed and involved parents & families are crucially important to our success. Your support plays a vital role in the strength of our college community and ensures that our young men continue to enjoy an extraordinary education and college experience.
We are here to help you with your inquiries, concerns, and needs; whatever your question, please feel free to contact me at 470-639-0999.
Coordinator of Parent and Family Programs
The Summer-Before Tips for Freshmen College Parents
- Let your student know it is natural to have doubts and to be unsure what their major will be or how they will adapt to college life. Express trust in your student’s ability to make the right choices when the time comes.
- Don’t overreact to mood changes or seemingly irresponsible behavior. Your student’s anxieties about the first year of college might be the cause.
- You know your student best: If mood changes are excessive and if depression is the prevailing mood, seek the help of professionals. Counseling might put this big transition in your student’s life into perspective.
- Focus on important matters. Talk with your student about four major topics: academic expectations, money matters, social choices, and communication.
- Guide, don’t direct. Rather than expressing your opinion about the best careers or academic choices, ask your student probing questions; when your student owns their decisions, they will grow and mature.
HE IS GOING TO BE JUST FINE! TRUST US!
We are committed to keeping you up to date with the latest Morehouse news and happenings along with information about upcoming events and resources to support you and your student. In an effort maintain an updated parental database and to stay connected, please complete the contact information by clicking the link below so that you continue receiving the latest information concerning your student's academic success.
(Please refrain from using employment emails)