Morehouse College is dedicated to developing men with disciplined minds who will lead lives of leadership and service. A private historically black liberal arts college for men, Morehouse realizes its mission by emphasizing the intellectual and character development of its students. In addition, the College assumes special responsibility for teaching the history and culture of black people.
Founded in 1867 and located in Atlanta, Georgia, Morehouse is an academic community dedicated to teaching, scholarship, and service, and the continuing search for truth as a liberating force. Our work is focused on helping to shape men of acuity, integrity and agency; men who will commit to brotherhood, standing together with their peers to cheer, challenge and support each other; and men who will strive to lead consequential lives, to not just do well for themselves, but to do good in the world.
Our Human Resource Department strives to build a confidential, trustworthy and productive environment by being responsive to all employees; treating them fairly and with respect, and maintaining an open line of communication. Human Resources will provide innovative leadership by being accountable and maintaining a positive customer service environment.
Morehouse College - The Department of Human Resources
830 Westview Drive, SW Atlanta, GA 30314
Phone (470) 639-0703 Fax (470) 639-0972
Title: Compensation/HRIS Analyst
Department: Department of Human Resources
Report to: Associate Vice President of Human Resources/Chief of Staff
The Compensation Analyst position supports Human Resources leadership by performing data entry for all employment actions, creating job descriptions as needed, and ensuring that the Human Resources Information System maintains accurate employment data for reporting and pay purposes. This position will be responsible for providing HR data reports when requested. This position will ensure the timely and effective delivery of HR data entry, collection, and reporting on a daily basis.
- Process employment actions from job requisitions and personnel action forms for full- and part-time employees (i.e., staff, faculty, and students). Enter data for compensating employees as well as other employment actions (i.e., newly hired employees, employee promotions, transfers, demotions, and terminations)
- Serve as department liaison for HR data to internal and external stakeholders on a daily basis
- Responsible for daily maintenance of the Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS) associated with the collection, retrieval, accessibility, and usage of employee information
- Maintain internal database files and tables and develops custom reports to meet the requirements of Human Resources team
- Responsible for maintaining and supplying data for annual IPEDS and respond to data requests to local, state, and federal agencies
- Participate and coordinate information associated with annual compensation surveys
- Work with Human Resources leadership to evaluate and recommend HRIS software and hardware needs and support implementation of new, or modify existing, HRIS as necessary
- Update and maintain HR website pages and collaborate with HR team members to ensure current, timely information is published online
- Provide HR data reports to provide timely and accurate HR metrics reports and collaborate with stakeholders as necessary for projects
- Other duties as assigned for the effective management of the department and the institution
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Proficiency in Excel, Access, and Microsoft Word, and PowerPoint.
- Must possess excellent organizational and analytical skills along with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills along with strong attention to detail are required
- Must be a quick learner; adapt to change easily; and illustrate a high level of initiative, sound judgment, and discretion at all times
- Require to create query reports and analyze reports with HR leadership
EDUCATION AND Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in HR Management
- Must possess previous experience processing employment actions for an educational institution, preferably in one or more post-secondary institutions
- Certificate as a Compensation Professional (CCP) or PHR is preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of experience processing employment actions for payroll and compensation experience; benefits experience is preferre
- Must be able to key data with accuracy and timeliness
- HRIS systems experience is required, preferably in Banner or similar HRIS systems (i.e., ADP, Lawson, SAP, PeopleAdmin, etc.)
- Must be able to sit at a computer for extended periods of time
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends when necessary
- Ability to use multiple mobile devices is required