J-Mester at Morehouse College
The January Term, or J-Mester, will be held January 8 – 12, 2018. J-Mester is an exciting opportunity for Morehouse students to have a non-traditional educational experience during an intensive, one-week period before the beginning of the spring semester. J-Mester opportunities are geared toward strengthening Morehouse students' abilities to demonstrate acuity and agency in many developmental areas. J-Mester offerings will be offered in the following categories: Academic Seminars and Student Development Seminars.
- Academic and Student Development Seminars meet Monday through Friday for three (3) hours EACH DAY (9 a.m. - Noon or 1 - 4 p.m.). Please note that outside work will be assigned.
In order to receive one semester of Crown Forum, you must attend one (1) Academic Seminar or Student Development Seminar.
*Crown Forum requirements earned through J-Mester will be administered per semester — versus per Crown Forum session attended, and will be applied toward graduation requirements. Crown forum requirements will be given for COMPLETE ATTENDANCE AND PARTICIPATION ONLY. Partial credit will not be given. A maximum of two crown semesters may be applied toward graduation requirements.*
J-mester is worth crown forum credit ONLY!!
J-Mester Registration (BannerWeb)
November 8 – December 8, 2017
Students move in on-campus housing assignment
Friday, January 5, 2018: 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Monday, January 8, 2018: 10 a.m. - Noon
Monday, January 8 – 12, 2018
Registration for J-Mester will open on BannerWeb on November 6th. Students are able to register for one academic seminar.
|TITLE||BEGIN TIME||END TIME|
|Graduate/Professional School Planning and Coaching||1:00 pm||4:00 pm|
|Educational Inequality||9:00 am||12:00 pm|
|Ethics and Animals: Violence or Non-Violence?||9:00 am||12:00 pm|
|Politics, Stories, and Games||9:00 am||12:00 pm|
|Disability Literature, the Disability Rights Movement, and Social Justice||1:00 pm||4:00 pm|
|Math Refresher Bootcamp - ALEKS Lab||1:00 pm||4:00 pm|
|Sustainability & Leadership in a Global Society||9:00 am||4:00 pm|
|Minority Entrepreneurship - Law, Resources, and Cryptocurrencies||9:00 am||12:00 pm|
|Data Analytics & Career Readiness||9:00 am||4:00 pm|
|Psychology, Sport, and Social Justice||9:00 am||12:00 pm|
Please be advised of the following logistics/requirements that will render a student eligible to check-in to his housing assignment for the J-mester 2018 term:
- Housing accommodations for the J-mester 2018 term will ONLY be available to a student who has officially registered to participate via BannerWeb and/or LEAD (OHRE & Student Life).
- Residential house check-in for the J-mester 2018 term will be available to a student ONLY on Friday, January 5, 2018, between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. as well as on Monday, January 8, 2018, from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 Noon; each student will reside in his permanent housing assignment on record. Please note that arrival outside of the previously prescribed date and hours of residential house check-in will require that a student make alternate arrangements for lodging until Tuesday, January 16, 2018, when the residential houses officially open for the spring semester 2018.
- In addition to being officially registered for the J-mester 2018 term, a student must have satisfied the spring 2018 enrollment requirements for full-time registration as well as fulfillment of the full financial obligations to Morehouse College before being permitted to complete the residential house check-in process.
- Residential house check-in for a student not participating in the J-mester 2018 term will be available on Tuesday, January 16, 2018, between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.