Graduation and Degree Requirements
Morehouse College offers an education that combines academic rigor with relevant, experiential learning experiences in a dynamic learning community that reflects the energy, spirit, and premise of our mission
Students are required to complete all requirements for graduation in order to earn the Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science degree. These include all credit-bearing and non-credit bearing requirements, including, but not limited to Crown Forum, mandatory exit exams, seminars, and proficiency examinations or evaluations.
A student must satisfy the following requirements to earn a bachelor's degree from Morehouse:
- File a timely application for graduation (satisfying the dates specified by the registrar).
- Successfully complete a minimum of 120 semester hours of non-repeat courses (exclusive of courses numbered below 100).
- Complete the College’s core curriculum. The core curriculum consists of 53-59 semester hours of required coursework in the humanities, mathematics, natural sciences and social sciences
- Complete an approved major concentration sequence.
- Present a cumulative GPA of 2.00 or higher.
- Complete at least two years of coursework (a minimum of 60 semester hours) in residence at the College.
- Be in good standing at the College. The student cannot be on suspension or probation for any disciplinary or honor code violations to be considered.
- Fulfill all financial obligations to the College.
Administrative Requirements and Clearance
Administrative Clearance (Deadline: Friday, April 27, 2018)
- Completed the online comprehensive Senior Exit Survey
- Completed a Financial Aid Exit Interview (dates and times listed below)
- Completed a Perkins Loan Exit Interview (if applicable)
- Return books and resources to the Woodruff Library and paid any outstanding library fees in full
- Paid, in full, any outstanding account balance including the assessed graduation fee
- Achieved clearance from the Office of Student Conduct (if applicable)
The Graduation Administrative Clearance form no longer exists as a mechanism for candidates to obtain administrative clearance at Morehouse College. Instead, students are required, between March 26th and April 27th, 2018 to complete all administrative clearance tasks listed above. Students who do not comply by the April 27, 2018 deadline will not be given additional time to do so and, as a result, will be removed from the commencement candidate list. Students should check their TigerNet account for holds in each of the areas above on or before March 26, 2018. Removal of the hold(s) will be granted once the required task has been completed. In order to achieve complete administrative clearance, no holds should remain on the student account after the April 27, 2018 deadline.
*All items checked out from the Woodruff Library must be returned by 5 p.m. on April 27, 2018. Any fines and fees owed for overdue and/or lost items must also be paid to the Library no later than 5 p.m. on April 27, 2018.
You will have earned your degree if and only if in addition to the above, you have:
- Successfully completed all of the general education and major degree requirements outlined in the course catalog for a total of 120 earned hours (excluding Math 090, REA 098 and/or REA 099). Sixty of the 120 hours must be completed at Morehouse College.