In addition to one-on-one consultations, The Douglass Academic Resource Center offers Work4Success Skillshops, workshops or mini courses, that provide practical solutions to common student issues. You know, all those skills that you’re expected to have mastered before attending Morehouse or the things you want to learn so you can perform better in class (but aren’t covered in class). With Work4Success Skillshops, students can get help with everything from learning to understand a course syllabus and improving study habits to working well in groups and putting together a compelling presentation.
How Does It Work?
- They're free
- They're offered in Douglass Hall and will be available online for you to cover in your own time and revisit the material.
- They're short - approximately 1.5 hours or less
- They're interactive
- They are facilitated by professionals and Peer Learning Facilitators
- You can attend as many as you want
- First Come-First Served. You don't need to sign up or register in advance. Just show your student I.D. Or, you may give notice of your intent to attend by clicking here.
Why Attend Work4Success Skillshops?
- Learn information relevant to your academic life at Morehouse
- Get support in achieving your academic goals
- Improve your college experience
- Learn new skills to achieve good results
- Manage stress and anxiety
- Stay motivated and avoid procrastination
- Develop your strengths and abilities
- Be proactive in identifying and addressing problems
- Discover where to go for help
SPRING 2017 SKILLSHOPS SCHEDULE